Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The best Fathers day gift so far Mariners game





































Thought I would share my great Fathers day gift my Fiance got me. Two Tickets to the Mariners home game VS. The DBacks Is was an Awesome game the Mariners won 7-3 and it had been exactly 20 Years since I've been at a Mariners game ( mostly because I lived in Vegas for 12 years ) so when I was 13 I went to a Game VS. the Twins at the King dome which is when I first seen Junior and of course he became my favorite player along with Kirby Puckett who I really liked as well . Although he didn't play I was able to have a brief hello with him and get some good pics but on a different camera, So I'll be posting more. It was cool to think about being there 20 years later and the chances that Griffey would be back in Seattle! I have a great Women who doesn't know anything about baseball and really can't understand in her words why I collect Kids stuff ( baseball cards) But she went and this was her first game and she was louder and more excited then I was! All in all it was a great time and Thought I'd share with all of you. Thanks for checking it out. On a different topic it was really sad to see how they have let Key Arena go and the Main streets around the stadium go for those of you that know this was intentionally done after the new owner cought the Sonics he had no intention on keeping them in Seattle dumped every good player to ensure that the Thunder would have a huge budget for players. Nothing against Oklahoma City but they will never be a great team or even compare to what Seattle would have brought to the NBA given a chance by getting good players putting a little money into the stadium and the area around it. Sadly I predict the Thunder will fail miserably never get into the playoffs or last in the NBA I won't get into the details but it was an outrage to the Sonics fans and horrible for City in General and honestly one of the most Shady things Iv'e seen in sports. Grant

6 comments:

  1. Sweet old school Mariners jersey dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I picked that up around 5 or 6 years ago and don't wear it to often its a cooperstown collection jersey and sadly it was when supposedly Old school jerseys or "throwbacks" as they called them were in style so it cost an arm and a leg with the hat to match but that's beyond wearing anymore! When I seen it though I thought Man I am getting that I don't care how much it is. You don't see to many of them around. Thanks guys I obvously need to figure out how to place my pics better though! Grant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet!
    Very nice story Grant.

    THE MOJO HAND

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally back in the hobby and blogging Again! but living off unemployment doesn't leave much $ for card collecting let alone food! although I have had $100 on the way to the store and had a brief ( very brief ) urge to get a box! I had to comment on this post bcuz apparently I really stuck my foot in my mouth in regards to the Oklahoma Thunder organization! I owe the thunder a huge apology from what I hear ( I still wont watch them since I'm still upset the Sonics are gone! )there doing alright!

    ReplyDelete